Xante Impressia FAQ
If you own and Impressia - be sure to review the details of the Xante En/Press including our 7 reasons to upgrade from a Xante En/Press from an Impressia!
How do I access the internal web page for my printer when my network uses a firewall?
MAC OSX – Go to the File menu and select Preferences
WINDOWS – Go to the Tools menu and select Options Click the Advanced (gear icon) across the top of the window Select the Network tab and click the Settings button Type the IP address of the printer into the field labeled “No proxy for:” Click ok, restart FireFox and type the printer IP address to access the internal web page.
SAFARI (Mac OS) Locate the IP address of your printer (shown on the startup page or configuration page) Open Safari; Go to the File menu and select Preferences Click the Advanced (gear icon) across the top of the window Locate Proxies and select Change Settings; this will open the Network preferences Type the IP address of the printer into the field labeled “Bypass proxy settings for these Hosts & Domains:” Click Apply Now, restart Safari and type the printer IP address to access the internal web page.
INTERNET EXPLORER (Windows) Locate the IP address of your printer (shown on the startup page or configuration page) Open Internet Explorer; Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options Select the Connections tab and click the LAN Settings button Under the Proxy Settings area; click the Advanced button Type the IP address of the printer into the field labeled “Exceptions” Click ok, restart Internet Explorer and type the printer IP address to access the internal web page.
Why is my toner not fusing?
- Check the fuser rollers. If the rollers have scars or wrinkles on them they will not fuse properly in certain areas of the print. Be careful when removing the fuser. The fuser will be hot if it has been used recently.
- Make sure the fuser cam is in the normal position. It should be a half circle on normal media.
- Use the correct media weight setting in iQueue for the media being used. Up the media weight by one until the media fuses properly.
What preventative maintenance should be done on my Impressia?
- Clean or replace the vent filters on the exit side of the printer.
- Clean the dust proof glass using the provided cleaning stick. Insert the cleaning stick into the each of the four lens slots. There is one located below each drum.
- Empty the blue Paper Dust Container located inside the front consumables door, in the lower right area.
- Clean any loose debris from the printer if you notice it.
- Clean the rollers in the bypass tray weekly, or more often if you print a large volume of jobs.
What parts am I responsible for replacing on my Impressia? How often should they be replaced?
- Toner cartridges – Black: 20,000 Color: 15,000 Letter Size, 5% Coverage, Long edge fed, 20 – 24 lb.
- Drums – 40,000 Letter size, 5% Coverage, Fed long edge, 20-24 lb.
- Drum life is warrantied for 40,000 pages. Actual life expectancy is greater than 100,000
- Belt – 200,000 Letter size, 5% Coverage, Fed long edge, 24 lb
- Fuser – 160,000 Letter size, 5% Coverage, Fed long edge, 20-24 lb
- Waste Toner Bottle – 40,000 Letter size, 5% Coverage
If you are not having issues with quality it is not necessary to replace your consumables right at these
limits. The consumables, in some cases, can function well beyond these metrics. However, if you do
encounter quality issues it is recommended you replace your consumables first.
How do I set the IP address and other network information?
- Press the Menu button on the front panel.
- Navigate down to the host interface and press ok.
- Navigate down to network and press ok.
- Navigate to Machine Ipv4 Address and press ok.
- Navigate to specify and press ok.
- Press the button below the display that correlates which each option.
- Enter the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway using each option.
- Use the arrow keys to change the address accordingly.
- Press ok when the correct address is entered.
- Programmed will appear at the top of the display.
- Repeat the previous steps to enter the subnet mask and default gateway.
What kind of warranty do I get when I purchase consumables?
warranty timeframe. To validate your claim request, you will be asked to provide some or all of the
- Proof of purchase
- Printer Serial Number
- Configuration/Supplies Page
- Item Lot Number
- A Description of the problem you are encountering
- Samples of the issue you are encountering
You will be required to troubleshoot the issue with Tech Support in order to prove that your issue is
coming from the consumable in question. Replacement consumables are never shipped unless the
problem has been proven to come from a specific consumable.
When I print catalog envelopes on my Impressia they come out wrinkled, what can I do?
How do I feed envelopes on my Enterprise High Capacity feeder?
How to print common reports on the printer?
- Press the Menu key on the front panel of the printer
- Scroll down to List/Test Print and press ok
Scroll down to Config. Page and press ok
How to print the Supplies Info List?
- Press the Menu key on the front panel of the printer.
- Scroll down to List/Test Print and press ok.
- Scroll down to Supply info list and press ok.
Why is my Impressia jamming frequently?
- Make sure that you always remove jams following the papers path. If you go against the paper path it will
break rollers and other parts inside the machine.
- Load envelopes on the Enterprise feeder flap up, flap last. Only rotate envelopes to other orientations if
this method is unsuccessful
- The 2 envelope flap guides should be installed. One goes on each side of the feed pick up roller. These
flaps should not touch the media unless a flap opens up. This will cause drag and jams.
- Make sure the paper guides on the Enterprise feeder are not squeezing the media. They should be back
away about an 1/8th of an inch.
- Make sure the bypass sensor has not popped out of place. It should be perfectly vertical and aligned
slightly to the non-operator side of the machine.
- Ensure that the white c clip on the bypass roller is removed. When this clip is removed you must use
white out on the top of the roller arm for the printer to feed properly.
- Ensure that your bypass feed rollers have been cleaned recently and have been replaced in the last 100,000
prints. These rollers should be cleaned only with water and a lint free cloth.
- Ensure that you are using only digitally approved media. This is especially important when printing on
- Ensure you regularly clean the internal and external rollers.
- Slow down the media by upping the media weight by one or two. Some media may need to feed slower.