MBM 307A Product Review
The MBM 307A Automatic Programmable Tabletop folder offers a three roller friction feed system that is very reliable and consistent. This folding machine will automatically setup your standard jobs with the press of a button and will then quickly and accurately process them to finished pieces. We tested the folder on all manner of work and it has never let us down.
- Memory - most folders in this segment have only 1 or 2 extra memory positions to save custom sized folds, this one offers 18 (if you override the standard fold positons).
- Feeder - we were able to feed the full range of paper stocks up to and including the 80lb. maximum rated paper weight and we were never turned away. We were able to cross fold text weight stock for completion of 11 x 17 sheets to be inserted to a #10 envelope.
- Easy of use - everything is automated and the buttons are quite obvious straight out of the box there's very little that an operator needs to know in order to start folding.
- Perforating /scoring - we understand that we are discussing a folder here but the added capability of perforating and scoring on the unit increases the amount of work that can be completed. This optional unit sets up easily and is somewhat limited in the setup of the perforator however for your standard basic perforating the rotary serrated blade it is very effective. The scoring will not eliminate cracking on digital toner but does a nice job scoring where there may not be toner on the spine to create a good fold point on the card. At over $1,000 this option is not in-expensive however does cost much less than purchasing a separate automatically fed perforator.
- Noise - the non enclosed fold plates cause an increased operating sound when compared to the Duplo equivalent folder., Function is still the same but some small offices may not like the level of noise from the paper hitting the fold stop.
- Speed - while 11,500 sheets per hour is certainly fast, other models in the category are able to operate over 16,000. Will it be noticed on runs of 500? Probably not, but certainly it is worth noting the 30+ % slower operating speed.
This automated folder is well priced in the category based on its features. We feel it is a very attractive option for the small print facility or office environment. If a friction feed folder is what you need we are very comfortable recommending the MBM Uchida 307A Automatic Paper Folder.