Morgana ElectroCrease Product Review
Available in both 14” (Morgana ElectroCrease 36) and 20.5” (Morgana ElectroCrease 52) widths, this foot pedal operated machine increases the speed of production over a manually operated machine. As an added feature, with the turn of a dial the crease width is adjusted from a 1.2mm profile crease (for text weight stocks under 150GSM) to the wider 1.6mm profile crease for substrates as thick as 350GSM. The electrocreaser employs a unique creasing rule and matrix which eliminates tearing and cracking of toner.
- Qulaity - As normal with any Morgana crease, the profile on the ElectroCrease is perfect and cracking is eliminated every time, no matter the grain direction or amount of toner coverage.
- Two crease widths - we like the addition of the second narrow crease matrix, the standard one is ideal for paper stocks over 150GSM but looks bulky for work under that weight of paper. The narrow matrix is well suited for this thinner stock.
- Speed stops - to set your crease positions the ElectroCreaser comes with two speed stops. These seem rather basic however they work well to ensure you place the crease in the same position time after time. Additional speed stops are available seperatly (click here) .
- Perforate - it would be great if this machine could perforate at the same time however it does not. In order to maintain the quality of crease Morgana has decided it did not want customer switching the crease matrix for a perforating one.
- Single sheet only - as with all creasers the ElectroCreaser is a single sheet only machine, it is tempting to put a couple sheets in at once but if you do there is a fuse on the machine that will blow.
We highly recommend the Morgana ElectroCrease for any digital printer as a backup to a larger machine or for the smaller facility as the main unit for creasing. Produce greeting cards, book covers and brochures without cracking on the spine.