EBA 436M Product Review
The EBA 436M paper cutter is a 16.9” width paper cutter for manual operation. It is perfect for effortless trimming of paper stocks or bound brochures up to 1.5” of thickness. A powerful friction clamp holds the stock in place during the cutting process. A calibrated hand crank with measuring scale ensures exact positioning of the backguage.
- Footprint - a compact machine with a footprint only slightly larger than the maximum sheet size. The optional stand provides the unit at the perfect cutting height.
- Safety - like the larger cutters from EBA the 436M has the Safety Cutting System and offers complete comfort for operators and business owners to know that they can use the system safely.
- Clamp - the clamp on this small cutter is a welcome option in the range. Powerful enough to clamp down a full 1.5" of bond or text weight papers, if cutting laminated or card material you may need to put less paper in to ensure the clamp holds them in place
- Reliability - this product line has been manufactured in Germany for generations and offers the utmost in reliability and support. The units are designed, manufactured and assembled in Balingen Germany.
- Backgauge dial - we understand that this is a manually operated backgauge along a scale but moving the backgauge from 2” to 15” does take a lot of spinning of the handle. If you were doing this constantly it would easily become tedious.
- Size - this cutter is not able to cut a 12” x 18” down to an 11” x 17” sheet, and in general cutting down a 12” x 18” sheets is not that easy unless you are cutting it in half first simply based on the 16.9” cutting width.
This is not a wooden paper cutter purchased from an office supplies store this is a solid steel cutter made in Germany, if you are tired of having mediocre results from these office store paper cutters and do not need to cut a 12 x 18 sheet down to 11 x 17 than the EBA 436M is a great place to start. The EBA 436M offers exceptional value and paper cutter that will last as long as you do!