EBA 436A Product Review
The EBA 436A paper cutter is a 16.9” width paper cutter with an automatic clamp. The automatic clamp helps to make smaller jobs faster to cut. The EBA 436A is equipped with a two button electrical cut capable of cutting up to 1.5” of paper stock, while the digital readout on the front control panel shows the exact backgauge position. An optical cutting line is also a standard feature.
- Footprint - a compact machine with a size only slightly larger than the maximum sheet size. The optional stand provides the unit at the perfect cutting height.
- Safety - like the larger cutters from EBA the 436A has the Safety Cutting System and offers complete comfort for operators and business owners to know that they can use the system safely.
- Clamp - the clamp on this small cutter is a welcome option in the range, while it is not powerful enough to clamp down on a full pile of laminated or card stocks it is of great benefit for bond papers and small piles of coated or card papers.
- LED Readout / Cut light - the LED cut light shows where the knife will strike the paper and the digital backguage readout shows accurately the backgauge position.
- Reliability - this product line has been manufactured in Germany for generations and offers the utmost in reliability and support. The units are designed, manufactured and assembled in Balingen Germany.
- Backgauge dial - we understand that this is a manually operated backgauge with digital readout but moving the backguage from 2” to 15” does take a lot of winding of the handle. If you were doing this constantly it would easily become tedious.
- Size - this table top paper cutter (stand or cabinet is optional) is not able to cut a 12” x 18” down to an 11” x 17” sheet, and in general cutting down a 12” x 18” sheets is not that easy unless you are cutting it in half first simply based on the 16.9” cutting width.
If you need a small format paper cutter this model offers many features for a reasonable price, ensure before purchasing that you do not have the need to cut a 12 x 18 sheet down to an 11 x 17 sheet. This is the only jobs that cannot be completed on this smaller format paper cutter from EBA. If you are in an office environment or completing craft work than this cutter could be a great fit, a reliable model from a longstanding manufacturer with excellent support the EBA 436A may be the right paper cutting machine for you.