Duplo DF 920 Product Review
The most automated and quietest folder in the market is the friction feed Duplo DF 920. This folder is well suited for all businesses and organizations and is the step up from the Duplo DF 915 folder. The Duplo DF 920 offers increased sound absorbers with an automatically elevating feed tray and four digit ascending or descending counter. This reliable accurate folder is offers the premium of quick and quiet operation over any other folder in the market.
- Quiet - we have never used such a quiet folder, this might be a relative term however since generally folders offer a fairly high pitch sound when the paper hits the fold stop. This paper folder however is quiet enough to be run in an office environment.
- Automation - we tried the folder on various jobs on standard paper sizes of 8.5” x 11” or 8.5” x 14” or 11” x 17” and upon putting the paper in the machine automatically senses the sheet size, we were only responsible for pressing the preset button with the fold style we wanted and then it was all setup.
- Reliability - the Duplo friction feed mechanism always impresses us with its reliability, we tested folding standard bond paper, silk paper and even some lightly coated stocks (which is outside its specifications) and it was consistently and reliably accurate. We also tried the cross-folding function (first folding the sheets in half, then into a letter fold for insertion to a #10 envelope) were able to successfully run text weight uncoated stock with the cross fold.
- Proof - perhaps the biggest proof that the folder is top notch is that the Duplo DF 920 folder has been the one of choice for the majority of the chain and franchise print facilities over the past number of years. These locations purchase them in the hundreds at a time and have tested all the competitors to find this to be the best value available.
- Adjustability - while the folder is automated we know that sometimes we have to make adjustments to folds based on where the colour break is or if the sheets were not cut to the correct size. Making adjustments to the fold positions on the DF 920 were not as seamless as we would like, a small icon does show which direction the folds should be moved for a better fold but we are not sure it is easy enough for the non skilled folder operators to comprehend.
- Perforating - we understand that we are buying a folder here and not a perforator, but sometimes perforating needs to happen and it would be nice to have this option as the MBM folders do.
This is the cream of the crop for friction feed folders in the market. Full automation, extremely quiet operation and consistent accurate feeding and folding. If a friction feed folder is what you need and your budget permits the Duplo DF 920 Paper Folder is the folder to choose for your print facility.