Duplo DF 777 Product Review
A nice automated entry level folder for the small copy center or office use this folder does not have fully enclosed fold plates and as such is louder in operation and runs at about half the speed of the larger DF 915 and DF 920 folders in the Duplo range.
- Automation - we tried the folder on various jobs on standard paper sizes of 8.5” x 11” or 8.5” x 14” or 11” x 17” and upon putting the paper in the machine automatically senses the sheet size, we were only responsible for pressing the preset button with the fold style we wanted and then it was all setup.
- Reliability - the Duplo friction feed mechanism always impresses us with its reliability, we tested folding standard bond paper, silk paper and even some lightly coated stocks (which is outside its specifications) and it was consistently and reliably accurate. We also tried the cross-folding function (first folding the sheets in half, then into a letter fold for insertion to a #10 envelope) were able to successfully run text weight uncoated stock with the cross fold.
- Adjustability - while the folder is automated we know that sometimes we have to make adjustments to folds based on where the colour break is or if the sheets were not cut to the correct size. Making adjustments to the fold positions on this guy were not as seamless as we would like, a small icon does show which direction the folds should be moved for a better fold but we are not sure it is easy enough for the non -killed folder operators to read.
- Perforating - we understand that we are buying a folder here and not a perforator, but sometimes perforating needs to happen and it would be nice to have this option as the MBM Uchida folders do.
- Noise- with its non enclosed fold plates we can hear the paper hitting the fold stop more clearly. With a slower operating speed it is not as bad but certainly louder than the Duplo DF 915 and DF 920 this folder does seem a bit loud.