5 Steps to Pick the Right Paper Cutter
When looking to purchase a paper cutter the following 5 steps can help determin what paper cutter would suit your requirements.
- Formula - Use this formula to calculate the paper cutter size that you require. Take the width of the largest sheet you can print and multiply by itself (ie 12” x 12” = 144) then take the length of the largest sheet you can print and multiply it by itself (ie 18 x 18 = 324). Add these two numbers (ie 144 + 324) and then take the square root of them ( 21.63”). This is the ideal size or paper cutter required if you want to spin the sheet in the throat of the bed. With a 12" x 18" sheet size, in orde to be able to cut down all variety of jobs, you need a paper cutter at least 18" wide.
- Cut down parent sheets - Do you plan on buying larger paper stocks and cutting them down to runon your press, if so what size
- Automation - What level of automation or programming do you or your operators require? Will you be cutting business cards? If so a programmable paper cutter is of great benefit.
- Time on the paper cutter - how long are you cutting every day. The more you cut the more robust a machine you want to start with, also this may sway you away from paper cutters with safety sheilds to machines with photocell safety guards.
- Location details - sometimes your location will determine what paper cutter you can buy, do you have a double door entry, how much space do you have for a paper cutter. The EBA 485 paper cutters and smaller can be shipped into a single door location without question however the larger paper cutters will need to be dis-assembled prior to delivery and then assembled again inside your location if you only have a single door.
After all of these we have towork with a budget, sometimes the budget can help determine which model you can acquire or if you need to look at a Reconditioned paper cutter instead of a new paper cutter.
Our helpful and knowledgeable sales team would be pleased to discuss with you your paper cutter needs. You can click here to contact us or call us Toll Free at 1-800-668-6055