Automated Book Binding On DemandIdeal for short to medium runs and variable productions, the single-clamp DPB-500 Perfect Binder produces books up to 2″ thick and up to 525 cycles per hour. With the cover automatically fed into position, the book block is moved across the milling and notching station to properly prepare the spine for strong glue penetration. The DPB-500 features a large glue tank with two heated drums and two side gluing wheels to bind the edge of the cover to the side of the book block for proper opening and closing. The clamp can also automatically adjust to process variable thicknesses and set the nipping and hinge scoring station for precision book binding.
- Binds book blocks with soft covers
- Applies hot-melt EVA glue to the spine and sides
- Performs cover hinge scoring
- Automated job set up and changeovers
- Strong notching with 2 tools and dust extraction
- Automatic cover feeder with double feed detection sensors
- Touchscreen control panel with 20-job memory
- Paperback books
- Textbooks and workbooks
- Notebooks and journals
- Catalogs and manuals
- Books with spot UV covers
Input Paper Size:
Book block: 4.72" x 4.72" to 12.6" x 14.17"
Cover: 4.72" x 9.84" to 14.17" x 27.4"
Book block: Fine quality 52 to 157 gsm, Art coated 79 to 157 gsm
Cover: Fine quality 81.4 to 302 gsm, Art coated 104.7 to 302 gsm
Binding Thickness: 0.04" to 2.01"
Speed: Up to 525 cycles per hour
Cover Feeder Capacity: 2.76"
Options: Barcode kit, DPB-LS Long Stacker, Wing scoring