The Duplo DC-646 Slitter/Cutter/Creaser is Duplo's versatile digital color finisher providing printers the ability to create a multitude of unique full-bleed applications with more efficiency and flexibility. Performing up to 8 slits, 25 cuts and 20 creases in a single pass, the DC-646 eliminates white borders and prevents toner cracking on fold lines up to 30 sheets per minute and also offers optional rotary tool and cross perforating modules, both with strike-perforating capabilities, for increased versatility. With the DC-646, users can produce 24-up business cards on 12" x 18" or 36-up on 14" x 26" paper sizes, slit-score greeting cards, micro-perforated coupons, direct mailers with tear-away cards, and much more!
The DC-646 comes built-in with a CCD scanner, enabling it to recall any job stored in memory simply by reading the printed barcode and automatically setting up the job. The scanner also reads registration marks, correcting the sheet-by-sheet image shift and delivering accurately finished pieces every time. Barcodes and registration marks can be easily applied with the EFI Fiery Command Workstation impose tool (Fiery System 10 or newer).
- Eliminates white borders and prevents toner cracking
- Performs up to 8 slits, 25 cuts and 20 creases in a single pass
- Standard PC Controller for easy setup and operation, and unlimited job storage
- Built-in CCD scanner reads barcodes and registration marks
- Optional Rotary Tool Module for perforating, micro-perforating, scoring, slit-scoring and strike-perforating (across the length of the sheet)
- Optional Cross Perforating Module for perforating, micro-perforating, slit-scoring, and strike-perforating (across the width of the sheet)
- Add the Integrated Folding System for in-line folding
Why buy? For business owners
The DC-646 offers the highest degree of flexibility in producing finished products in a single pass with minimum fuss and the highest productivity. It can take a full 650x370mm sheet up to 350gsm and deliver a wide array of completed products. Furthermore automated set up, bar code reader and CCD camera to ensure accurate register mean that less experienced operators can deliver high quality finished products. The optional business card module makes light work of a highly popular product type.
Why buy? For operators
Automated set up, air knife sheet separation and double sheet detection make the DC-646 a simple machine to run despite its high flexibility. A 100mm input tray means that the unit can run unattended. Trim removal to a waste bin keeps the environment clean. CCD camera ensures that creases and trims are placed in precisely the right place, keeping any waste to an absolute minimum.