Is UV Coating toxic?
UV coating is a nontoxic chemical which is not regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency. Users should always refer to MSDS documents when handling any chemical. UV Coating exhibits the following characteristics:
- Typically has no flash point
- Emit no VOC’s (unless it is a special formulation)
- It has very low systemic toixicity
- Is not a class carcinogen
- Is not a regulated hazardous waste
Extreme care must be taken with dealing with UV Coating equipemnt, not only the fluid but the curing lamps can cause harm. Only trained operators and technicians should work on UV Coating equipment.