EBA 485EP Product Review
The EBA 485EP is the number one selling paper cutter in Canada for digital printers. The 18.5” cut width and 3” cutting height, this cutter is the ideal solution for digital printers, copy centers, in-plants and franchise print shops. Two button power cut, power clamping and an optical LED cutting line light are standard features. The fully programmable backguage allows the creation and storage of up to 99 custom programs (with 99 steps in each) to make quick work of full bleed trimming and business cards.
- The perfect size - it fits easily through a single door, fits the most commonly used 12 x 18 stock and is a generally small enough footprint that it can find a home in all print facilities.
- Reliability / Safety- this cutter is built upon the already reliable frame of generations of EBA paper cutters. With this we can have comfort that it will perform like those before it have - reliably and accurately. EBA also lead the charge to ensure that paper cutters are safe for operators and this model equipped with the Safety Cutting System (SCS) offers practical security to operators.
- Programming - This simple to learn and easy to implement programmer is great for the small print facility that does not need to spend hours learning how to use the programmer. Easy enough that we can just walk up and use it but complex enough that we can save all our common jobs for later recall.
- LED Cut line light - the LED cut line light is a great feature to have on the cutter, it shows where the knife is going to strike so that operators can properly setup their jobs.
- Safety cover - we understand the need for safety but there are other options for safety such as ULc approved photocell guards and for the heavier users the cover can be cumbersome. The EBA 486ET (to be launched in September 2012) adds the Photocell guards as well as other features for a nominal premium in price.
- No clamp pressure adjustment - this mechanical clamp does not offer any pressure adjustment like one would have on the EBA 551 cutter.
This cutter is perfect for the small to mid volume digital printer. The sheet size, machine size and ease of use enables you to cut down all your printed work with ease. If you are printing on a 13” x 19” or 14” x 20” sheet the cutter is probably a little small for you as it will be difficult to cut down some jobs given the 18.5” cut width, in these case the EBA 551 may be the better fit. For the price and features this is a great cutter. No wonder the EBA 485EP is Canada’s best seller!